Explore the St. Joseph River as you bike, walk or run the Riverwalk through South Bend and Mishawaka!
St. Patrick’s County Park serves as the northern trailhead, and Central Park in downtown Mishawaka serves as a the eastern end of the trail. Roughly 12 miles in one direction, the Riverwalk is sure to keep you winding through our communities for a day full of exercise, and be sure to stop by our newest attraction, the South Bend River Lights in the evening.
Make Some Stops Along the Way!
- St. Patrick’s County Park sits at the northern end of your route, where you will find even more outdoor recreation to enjoy.
- The University of Notre Dame is perfect for anyone looking for a well-groomed path in any season.
- Dining, shopping and attractions in downtown South Bend include museums, events and whitewater rafting.
- The South Bend River Lights is a one-of-a-kind interactive sculpture that transforms the cascades of the St. Joseph River every night.
- The South Bend Farmer’s Market is the perfect place to grab some fresh produce and handmade items as you explore the Riverwalk.
- Indiana University South Bend‘s campus offers a great view of the water from the pedestrian bridge over the St. Joseph River.
- Potawatomi Zoo, Park and Conservatories showcase natural foliage, wild animals, playgrounds and more just blocks from the Riverwalk.
- Dining, shopping and Central Park in downtown Mishawaka offer a great end to your route. Bonus: this area boasts a perfect 2.5-mile loop.