The recent changes made to U.S. 31 have made traveling between South Bend and Indianapolis quicker and easier than ever before. Less time on the road means more time spent in South Bend doing some of your favorite things, including visiting the Studebaker National Museum, cheering on the South Bend Cubs, and receiving exceptional service from local hotels like the Morris Inn at Notre Dame. What are you waiting for?
The Studebaker National Museum
– Check out a rare collection of 120 Studebaker vehicles, with about 70 on display at any one time
– Home to one of the largest Presidential Carriage Collections in the country
– Featured exhibit for 2016: Hoosier Made: World Driven, revisits the heyday of automobile manufacturing across Indiana
The History Museum
– Take a step back in time as you tour of the historic 38-room Oliver Mansion, once home to the J.D. Oliver Family, complete with all original furnishings.
– From 1943 through 1954, the All-American Girls Professional Baseball League (AAPBL) was an all-female professional baseball league. Learn about South Bend’s team, the Blue Sox, and the entire league’s history in the one-of-a-kind AAGPBL exhibit.
– Coming Soon: Dressing Downton: Changing Fashions for Changing Times
South Bend Cubs
– Class A minor league baseball affiliate of the Chicago Cubs
– Upgraded home ballpark, Four Winds Field, provides families with exciting baseball, great atmosphere, excellent service, and memorable summer nights
The South Bend Chocolate Company
– Put a hair net on and enjoy a factory tour including an exclusive look at how chocolate is made with an opportunity to dip in a spoon and taste test some of the chocolate
– The South Bend Chocolate Café downtown will provide you with endless amounts of delicious chocolate, candies, and treats.
Morris Inn at Notre Dame
– Kick back and relax after a long day of fun in South Bend at the only hotel located on the University of Notre Dame’s beautiful campus.
– This AAA Four Diamond hotel is just a short walk away from the Golden Dome
– Two delicious restaurants, Rohr’s and Sorin’s Restaurant, on site will have you coming back for seconds.