Traveling to The Bend doesn’t mean sacrificing luxury.
Several hotels offer first rate accommodations. But few can match the Morris Inn. Located in the heart of Notre Dame’s campus, the Morris Inn is more than a place to get a good night’s sleep. It’s a AAA Four Diamond property flush with amenities. And a perfect place to spend your next visit.
Stay Like a Champion
No matter the season, Notre Dame is worth the visit. Staying at the Morris Inn opens up its entire picturesque campus, one building at a time.
Guests can use the hotel as a launching point for self-guided walking tours of campus. Or make the short walk over to Eck Visitors Center, where free guided tours will take you to all the major campus landmarks — the Main Building (with the Golden Dome atop), Basilica of the Sacred Heart, the Grotto and so on.
Tours of Notre Dame Stadium are available separately for a fee.
Treat Yourself to Tea
One of our favorite wintertime traditions is back: Afternoon Tea at Sorin’s. Featured on Friday, Saturday and Sunday afternoons between Nov. 24 and April 14 (excluding holidays), these events are a perfect way to catch up with old friends or just relax over tea. Guests can peruse different teas by taking in their aromas. Once they’ve made a choice, it’ll be served in an individual French press. Of course, the tea is paired with savory and sweet small bites. Freshly baked scones with different jams and butters await at the end, a perfect cap to a decadent afternoon snack.
Always keep an eye out for unique Morris Inn events.
Sorin’s Wine Academy, beer dinners and culinary showcases join Afternoon Tea as some of the most popular events available. Check out a few options on the upcoming schedule:
- Chef’s Table – an exclusive, private dining experience featuring regionally focused ingredients and a menu designed by executive chef Phil Gulis
- June 25, Aug. 6
- Tiki Tuesdays – Visit the Wind Family Fireside Terrace from 5-7 p.m. on select Tuesdays for an escape to a Polynesian paradise with tacos, tiki-inspired cocktails and more.
- June 25, July 9, July 30, Aug. 13
- Smoky Sunday – Morris Inn chefs fire up the barbecue and smoke delicious meats from 4-6 p.m. on select Sundays throughout the summer.
- June 16, July 14, July 21, Aug. 4, Aug. 25
Enhance your stay with a package deal
Booking a stay at the Morris Inn can go beyond just securing if a room, if you so choose. There are multiple package options available at any given time.
- Pair your stay with a sporting event — basketball, hockey, softball or baseball — with the Stay Like a Champion package. You’ll avoid traffic by taking advantage of complimentary valet parking. This package comes with a $20 dining credit and a “Stay Like A Champion” rally towel.
- Treat yourself with the Bed and Breakfast for Two package. This package includes a $30 dining credit for either breakfast for two at Sorin’s, one of the on-site restaurants, or breakfast for two from the room service menu.
- Add golf (more on that below) to your trip with the Stay and Play package. Hit the links then visit the 19th hole on the Wind Family Fireside Terrace.
- The Park. Eat. Sleep. package includes a $30 breakfast credit.
Tee It Up on Campus
Warren Golf Course awaits on campus with an unforgettable experience.
Designed by Bill Coore and Ben Crenshaw, this classic links layout is a public course and home to the Notre Dame golf teams. It has hosted several high-profile events, none more so than the upcoming 2019 U.S. Senior Open.
Warren rivals even the best private courses in the region with undulating greens and fescue rough. Played from the back tees, it offers a stout test for even the best players. More recreational players can tee it up a little more forward for a fun outing on the course.
Afterward, head back to the Wind Family Fireside Terrace to grab a drink and reminisce the best shots of the round with your group.
Travel often revolves around things to do and places to go. Food, however, is never far behind on the priority list.
Staying at the Morris Inn is ideal for the foodie in your group. You don’t have to leave the property for an unmatched culinary experience, whether your prefer fine dining or kicking back with a cocktail and lighthearted conversation in a more relaxed environment.
Two restaurants – Sorin’s and Rohr’s – sit inside the Morris Inn. Wind Family Fireside Terrace, one of The Bend’s best patios, also offers a distinct experience of its own.
Sorin’s offers breakfast, lunch, dinner and Sunday brunch in a well-appointed dining room. It specializes in fresh seafood and selections from wineries operated by Notre Dame graduates.
Rohr’s is more of an upscale pub with burgers, sandwiches and wings to go along with salads and interesting appetizers. Craft beers rotate as do the signature cocktails, some of which utilize local spirits. Rohr’s is also the spot to catch up with Murf, the legendary bartender.
Wind Family Fireside Terrace is open late for an end-of-night cocktail or a quick bite to eat. It’s ideal on a summer evening under the stars.
If you haven’t booked your room yet, the time is now.