One of our great celebrations is right around the corner. It’s going to look a little different this year, with many large events and fireworks shows postponed due to coronavirus.
Start planning your trip after checking out some of the events listed below.
Fireworks in The Bend
Most fireworks shows in The Bend have been canceled.
- July 3 | Steve’s Big Bang Theory Fireworks, Granger
- A fireworks extravaganza
- For more information, visit: https://visitsouthbend.com/events/rockin-with-fire-7-2020/
- July 4 | Newton Park, Lakeville
- Some spectators will be in the west parking lot for fireworks.
- For more info, visit: https://www.newtonpark.org/4th-of-july-fireworks
- July 4 | South Bend Motor Speedway
- Monster trucks, racing, plus fireworks.
- For more info, visit: http://www.racesouthbendmotorspeedway.com/
July 4-5 | East Race Waterway
Want some adventure? Look no further than North America’s first man-made white water rafting course. With waves up to six feet or higher and a total fall of about 12 feet, the East Race Waterway is built for thrills. Open Saturdays and Sundays throughout the summer, you can go down the rapids in a raft (provided) with others or try your hand at going down in a kayak (bring your own).
First Fridays: Al Fresco
July 3 | Downtown South Bend
Although Fourth of July events are canceled, Downtown South Bend is encouraging visitors to grab a bit to eat on a restaurant patio or on the Gridiron, where socially distanced tables will be set up. There will be live music from 11:45 a.m. to 1:15 for lunch and again from 5:30-7:30 p.m.