The Merchant of Venice
July 15, 2018 - August 20, 2018
Bassanio is in a bind. He’s in debt to his dear friend Antonio, and now needs even more cash to woo the wealthy woman Portia. Bassanio’s strategy forces Antonio to borrow from Shylock, and if they fail to repay him, Shylock’s legal bond comes due: one pound of Antonio’s fair flesh.
Shakespeare’s inimitable slapstick comedy, featuring a controversial yet sympathetic villain, leaves you wondering who’s truly guilty. The Merchant of Venice is a hilarious, poignant comedy never to be missed on stage.
– Sunday, July 15 | 6:00pm (CDT) | Taltree Arboretum & Gardens | Valparaiso, IN
– Friday, July 20 | 7:00pm | Jack Elstro Plaza | Richmond, IN
– Saturday, July 21 | 7:00pm | Chris Wilson Pavilion | Potawatomi Park, South Bend, IN
– Sunday, July 22 | 7:00pm | Encore Performing Arts | Plymouth, IN
– Saturday, July 27 | 7:00pm | Krasl Art Center | Benton Harbor, MI
– Friday, July 28 | 8:00pm | Chikaming Country Club | Lakeside, MI
– Sunday, July 29 | 7:00pm | Goshen Theater | Goshen, IN
– Friday, Aug 3 | 6:30pm | Fernwood Botanical Garden | Niles, MI
– Saturday, Aug 4 | 6:30pm | Dewey Cannon Park | Three Oaks, MI
– Sunday, Aug 5 | 6:30pm | Wellfield Botanic Gardens | 1011 N Main St, Elkhart, IN
– Monday, Aug 20 | 6:30pm | Main Building Quad: Notre Dame Campus | Notre Dame, IN
Venues Throughout The Region