Rather than a statewide plan, Gov. Eric Holcomb announced in March plans to allow local officials to set capacity limits on venues and social gatherings. As of now, social gatherings in St. Joseph County are capped at up to 50 percent of venue capacity.
Local Coronavirus Guidelines
RELATED CONTENT: Wear a Face Covering Around The Bend
If you’re traveling to The Bend, there are some things you should know as it relates to coronavirus guidelines.
- Face coverings: Required — St. Joseph County’s mask mandate has been extended through May 27.
- Travel restrictions: None.
- Social gatherings: Capped at up to 50 percent of venue capacity.
Although there are currently no restrictions on businesses, keep in mind that many of them have chosen to modify hours and services with social distancing and other measures in mind. Please call ahead to any business if you have questions or are seeking more information.
- Restaurants, bars and nightclubs at full capacity.
- Personal services at full capacity.
- Gyms and fitness centers at full capacity.
- Conventions at full capacity.
- Amusements parks, water parks and the like at full capacity with social distancing in place.
- Cultural, entertainment and tourism sites at full capacity.
- This includes museums, zoos etc.
- Raceway events at full capacity.
RELATED CONTENT: 5 Tips for Social Distancing at Parks
Remember: social distancing is still encouraged and wearing a mask is required in public places, per an order from the St. Joseph County Health Department and the Indiana governor’s office.
RELATED CONTENT: A Guide to Dining During COVID-19
Please also keep in mind some basics for helping mitigate the spread of coronavirus. These measures can go a long way:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water or use hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your mouth and nose when coughing and sneezing, preferably with your elbow.
- Avoid handshakes.
- Avoid contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.