Baseball season is rapidly approaching and now is the time to dust off the lucky ball cap, grab your glove, and start rooting for the Cubbies once again.
Four Winds Field is home to the South Bend Cubs, Single-A affiliate of the 2016 World Series Champions Chicago Cubs. With multiple renovations and improvements made to both its look and operation over the years, this 30-year-old ballpark has aged well and was recently named the Best Single-A Ballpark in the Country in the 2017 Ballpark Digest’s Best of the Ballparks competition.
Each fan who goes to Four Wind Field to catch a ballgame is gifted with so much more. It doesn’t matter if you are a die-hard fan sitting on the edge of your seat for every pitch or just a casual fan who purchased a ticket for the social aspect of attending a game. At Four Winds Field, fun can be had all over the ballpark and memories can be made at every turn. Before you sit down in your seat, go walk around the ballpark—you may be surprised with how much there is!
Here are just a few of the things waiting for you at Four Winds Field!
- Tiki Hut Bar in Left Field
- Bounce Houses in Left Field Corner
- Lawn Seating in Left-Center Field and Right Field Corner
- Test Your Pitching Arm in Right-Center Field
- First Source Bank Performance Center in Right Field
- Splash Pad in Right Field
- Jungle Gym in Right Field
- Delicious Concessions—including hot dogs from Fenway Park, which were voted the best in the MLB
- Cubs Den Team Store
- Outdoor and Indoor Suites for Parties and Large Groups
- Large Video Scoreboard
- Thirsty Thursday Drink Specials
- Friday Night Fireworks
- Flat Screen Saturdays (Chance to Win a 50-Inch Flat Screen TV)
- Sundae FUNday (Play Catch on the Field Before the Game)
And, let’s not forget the baseball! At the center of the ballpark is an all-natural grass field! With a clear line of view to the field and not a bad seat in the house, the Cubs organization wants the thousands of fans who see a game during the season at Four Winds Field are not disappointed. The grounds crew works tirelessly to ensure every blade of grass is cut and the batters’ box is painted with the utmost precision.
You will be right on top of the action when a pitcher strands the bases loaded, when an outfielder sacrifices his body as he lays out to make a diving grab, and when a Cubs player gets a hold of fastball and drives it into the outfield seats.
And, while many major league ball clubs raise the prices on parking, tickets, and concessions, it is easy to go see a South Bend Cubs game without having to break the bank! With parking that is only $5, tickets that aren’t more than $15, and concessions that are reasonably priced, Four Winds Field is your go-to ballpark this summer!